[TRNSYS-users] Convection in a simple two storey zone

pseudomino at gmx.com pseudomino at gmx.com
Thu Apr 14 07:46:41 PDT 2011

Hi,

 In Trnsys 17, I made a very simple test : two little air-nodes superposed, forming part of a thermal zone.
 There is only one windows facing south, at the first floor. I ditn't made anything else.

 *Case 1 : Simple radiation model*
 Quite realistically, the second floor is warmer.

 *Case 2 : Detailed radiation model*
 The 2 air-nodes have their temperatures centered around the same value and very near, except that the first floor has more extreme temperature variations.

 I want to illustrate the hot air elevation by a simple example, but I'm not sure of the phenomenon that are taken into account.

 Thank you !