[TRNSYS-users] time delay by means of type 93 (input value recall)

Stefan Wachter wachter at mail.hs-ulm.de
Fri Apr 8 02:05:01 PDT 2011

Hello everybody,

I am new at trnsys-users.
Currently I`m modeling an already existing solar heating system (for hot water).
In this system the loading pump is activated by a time delay of 4 minutes (after solar pump is launched).
I tried to model this as follows:

- simulation time step: 2 minutes
- storage of the control signal of the solar pump over the last two time steps by means of type 93 (input value recall)
- if the control signal of the solar pump is "1" in the stored two time steps, then the loading pump is launched.

It works (tried by a simple example deck) but does it also works in context with a quite big deck (120 m² apertur area, 2 continuous controllers)?
I`m concerned about that the small time step of 2 minutes could cause problems (for example oscillations of the controllers).
Could this work or have someone of you another idea how i can solve this problem?

Thanks a lot.
Best regards.

Stefan Wachter