[TRNSYS-users] Error type message 411 with tank type 534

ANTOINE FREIN antoine.frein at gmail.com
Wed Apr 6 07:46:19 PDT 2011

Dear all,

I am using TRNSYS Version 16.01.0003 with TESS libs 2.0 with the
simulation studio. I have a complex deck with two tanks type 4a and
one tank type 534 (from the TESS library). My simulation is giving
correct results but when I want to add a fourth tank type 534 an error
appears, see below the error from the list file:

*
*

**** Fatal Error at
    time   :      1000.020000*

*    Generated by Unit     :  166*

*    Generated by Type     :  534*

*    TRNSYS Message  411 : The getStorageVars subroutine was
called with an array size greater than that requested from the call by
setStorageSize routine. Only the variables located at and below the
limit requested by setStorageSize will be retrieved for this
simulation. Please check the formulation of the specified TYPE,
rebuild the dynamic link library and re-run the simulation*

*    Reported information  : Not available*

In this case start time is 1000 with a time step of 0.02

The two tanks type 534 are using different external files and they
have different characteristics and each of them is running correctly
in an empty TRNSYS project:

-        The old one has one port and two immersed heat exchangers

-        The second one has three ports and zero immersed heat exchanger

Did anybody come along the same problem and knows advice?

Thanks for any help

Antoine Frein

Politecnico di Milano