[TRNSYS-users] Bug found when using variable values as strings in TRNSYS 16.1

Jochen Doell jochen.doell at ise.fraunhofer.de
Tue Apr 5 02:12:59 PDT 2011

...to be even more precise:
The error occurs when the simulation studio is writing the deck file
before it calls the simulation.
The strings are handed over not as "inputs", but as "intitial input
values" (which is ok if you enter one value). The input is left
unceonnected in the deck ("0,0").

Please be aware of this when working with TRNSYS 16.1 (a colleague of
mine almost went bananas because of this bug).

Best regards,
Jochen

Jochen Doell schrieb:
> Dear TRNSYS developers,
>
> Maybe this is not new to you, but I may have found a serious bug in
> TRNSYS 16.1 (16.01.0003).
>
> It is not possible to use a variable value from an equation as an
> input without connecting the equation and the component. I.e.
> declaring an input as "string" and entering the variables name does
> not work!
> To be more precise: The component will only take the value the
> variable has at the first timestep of the simulation.
>
> Best regards,
> Jochen

Dipl.-Ing. (FH) Jochen Döll
Dept. Thermal Systems and Buildings

Fraunhofer-Institut für Solare Energiesysteme ISE
Heidenhofstrasse 2, 79110 Freiburg, Germany

Phone:	+49 (761) 4588-5468
Fax:	+49 (761) 4588-9000
Mail:	jochen.doell at ise.fraunhofer.de
Web:	www.ise.fraunhofer.de