[TRNSYS-users] TRNFLOW convergence problems

Marion Hiller hiller at transsolar.com
Fri Sep 24 03:42:55 PDT 2010

Dear Francisco,

yes, if a window is closed the parameters "for closed opening"  do
apply.
However, no flow occurs, when the window is horizontal and the zone has
one window only.
The reason for this is that all cracks are at the same height and a
crack has a one directional flow only.

For a vertical window the cracks are placed in different heights and a
flow may occur

Concerning the convergence problems. I assume a few not converged time
steps don't influence your results of yearly simulation significantly.
However, I would recommend to always check whether high flows are
realistic.

Best regards,

Marion

Dipl.-Ing. Marion Hiller
TRANSSOLAR Energietechnik GmbH
Munich - New York - Stuttgart + 49.711.67976.0

KlimaEngineering- Technologien für energieeffizientes Bauen und
Nutzerkomfort in Gebäuden
Transsolar Energietechnik GmbH, Curiestrasse 2, 70563 Stuttgart /
Amtsgericht Stuttgart - HRB 23347 / USt-IdNr.: 99073/00911
Geschäftsführer: Dipl.Ing. Matthias Schuler, Dipl.Ing. Thomas Auer,
Dipl.Phys. Stefan Holst

  _____