[TRNSYS-users] I'm looking for a component that models an evaporator for a desalination system

Sebastian Eller sebastian.eller at mytum.de
Thu Oct 14 01:29:03 PDT 2010

Hi to all,

thank you for your answers to my previous question!!!

I have another question. I want so simulate an evaporator for a solar desalination plant. In the evaporator, there is a filling material. Seawater (85°C) enters the evaporator, distributes over the filling material and evaporates. In counterflow to the seawater, humid saturated air enters the evaporator with about 57°C, carries the evaporated water and leaves the evaporator saturated with about 70°C.

I think the Cooling Tower would be perfect for this evaporator, but it doesn't work.

DOES SOMEONE KNOW WHICH COMPONENT I COULD USE FOR THE EVAPORATOR?

Thank you for your help! Best regards, Sebastian