[TRNSYS-users] logic function in TRNSYS

Fred Betz fbetz at aeieng.com
Tue Oct 26 06:24:55 PDT 2010

Dimas,

You can do this through greater than (gt) and less than (lt) functions in an equation block.

For example: inputs: a=1, b=3

X=gt(a,b)=0
Y=lt(a,b)=1

What I often do then after the gt or lt commands is scale the value or use it in another equation.

ControlSignal=5*X+3*Y=5*0+3*1=3

Essentially, just create the logic through a bunch of gt and lt functions along with some basic mathematical functions and you can do if, then, else functions.

If you do create a component with a traditional if, then, else setup please publish it. It would be very helpful.

Hope that helps.

Fred

Fred Betz  PhD., LEED AP
Sustainable Systems Analyst

AEI | AFFILIATED ENGINEERS, INC.
5802 Research Park Blvd. | Madison, WI  53719

P: 608.236.1175 | F: 608.238.2614
fbetz at aeieng.com<mailto:fbetz at aeieng.com>  |  www.aeieng.com<http://www.aeieng.com/>