[TRNSYS-users] Zenith angle/Problem with meteonorm indian weatherfile

thiemann.stefan at vdi.de thiemann.stefan at vdi.de
Sat Oct 23 10:10:51 PDT 2010

Hello,

I would like to pick up a subject already metioned on 7.July 2010
 concercing the incidence angle.
Comparing Type 109 with Type 15 for a TMY2-file I noticed some
 differences in the zenith anlge especially near sunrise and sunset.
 When the sun is down Type 109 is 99° (??) while Type 15 ist nearly
 (approx. 2-3 degrees lower) than 90°. But why?
Is there any Trnsys convention on the definition of the zenith angle
 during the night?

I have another problem concerning indian weatherfiles. Calculating the
 solar radiation for vertical facades on the east and west I got very
 different and strange results. Does anybody know about a similiar
 problem?

Thank you, Stefan