[TRNSYS-users] Virtual window error

aongya.sumaila at lte.ireq.ca aongya.sumaila at lte.ireq.ca
Mon Nov 15 05:56:07 PST 2010

Hello,
I am simulating a building using TRNSYS 17. On the recommendation of M. Kummert, instead of using a wall made of air to represent hallways or lack of a wall from a zone to another one, we changed them into virtual/non existant windows (WinID: 0001) with tiny frames (2% of surface area). Now, the problem is that the simulation cannot run the model because it's creating an error UNIT7, TYPE 56 " iniglasdata: value negative or greater than 1 for nonvisual absorption W4_front was found after fitting for Window-ID.  1: abs_nonvis= -0.008717874 at angle= 0."  I get this error with horizontal and vertical windows but if I simulate the same building with real windows i.e. 7433 instead of virtual ones, it works perfectly.

We changed to virtual windows because it's supposed to represent more effectively thermal resistance and others properties. Can I change some configurations so this error doesn't come back? Should I just keep the air walls, since the difference in properties are almost negligeable?

Can you help me with this?

Thanks!

Sumaila Aongya
Stagiaire universitaire
Laboratoire des technologies de l'énergie (LTE)
600, avenue de la Montagne
Shawinigan, QC, G9N 7N5
Tel: 819-539-1400 poste 1340
Courriel: aongya.sumaila at lte.ireq.ca <mailto:aongya.sumaila at lte.ireq.ca>