[TRNSYS-users] Type666 Chiller exceeding peak capacity

Fred Betz fbetz at aeieng.com
Mon Nov 1 10:09:47 PDT 2010

I have setup a 30 ton chiller(Type666) with a 3 C set point. A lot of the time the chiller's capacity is insufficient to meet that set point. Instead of the temperature creeping up, the capacity is increased. The peak capacity I get in my run is 115 tons.

When I set the capacity to 1 kJ/hr, the chiller capacity output indicates approximately 4 kJ/hr. Is the capacity mislabeled as the peak power, and the COP is multiplied by the peak power to get the cooling capacity?

Can anyone shed some light on this?

Please advise,

Fred

Fred Betz  PhD., LEED AP
Sustainable Systems Analyst

AEI | AFFILIATED ENGINEERS, INC.
5802 Research Park Blvd. | Madison, WI  53719

P: 608.236.1175 | F: 608.238.2614
fbetz at aeieng.com<mailto:fbetz at aeieng.com>  |  www.aeieng.com<http://www.aeieng.com/>