[TRNSYS-users] training and tutorial

Fred Betz fbetz at aeieng.com
Fri May 28 06:42:34 PDT 2010

Ben-Nakhi,

You can open example projects under TRNSYS/Examples.

Also, if you have the TESS libraries you find them under TRNSYS/Tess Models/Studio Projects/

Sorry if I am being too simple in my explanation but, essentially TRNSYS is made up of a series of components that are linked together. These links pass information in 1 direction. Open the components (pumps, valves, chillers) b double clicking on them to see what information is a parameter (fixed characteristic), an input or an output.

Under TRNSYS/Documentation are a lot of documents that describe how each component works including the governing equations in the mathematical reference.

That should get you started and keep you busy for the next week or month depending on how many components you investigate.

My suggestion is to go to training after you've done this as you will be able to ask direct questions to specific problem that you have. Otherwise you will just be overwhelmed in training.

Hope that helps,

Fred

Fred Betz  PhD., LEED AP
Sustainable Systems Analyst

AEI | AFFILIATED ENGINEERS, INC.
5802 Research Park Blvd. | Madison, WI  53719

P: 608.236.1175 | F: 608.238.2614
fbetz at aeieng.com<mailto:fbetz at aeieng.com>  |  www.aeieng.com<http://www.aeieng.com/>