[TRNSYS-users] type 460 in Trnsys 15

David Bradley bradley at tess-inc.com
Tue May 4 14:15:24 PDT 2010

Ankur,
   Type460 existed as Type260 before the migration from TRNSYS 15 to 16.
With the release of v16, there was fundamental change in the way that
TRNSYS dealt with the simulation start time. Types could be fully
updated to take the new definition of the start time or they could be
left in "legacy mode," which involved minimal code changes. If Type460
has some lines in it that say:

       IF(INFO(7).EQ.-2) THEN
        INFO(12)=15
        RETURN 1
     ENDIF

then it is in legacy mode and you can remove those lines, then compile
it in with the trnlib.dll (there was no ability to have Types in
external DLLs in Trnsys15). If, however, the lines say:

       IF(INFO(7).EQ.-2) THEN
        INFO(12)=16
        RETURN 1
     ENDIF

then the Type was updated and I would think that it would NOT work in
TRNSYS 15.
Best,
  David