[TRNSYS-users] CoolingCoil Type32 error

Fred Betz fbetz at aeieng.com
Fri Mar 26 12:43:20 PDT 2010

TRNSYS Users,

I am getting a strange error: Attempted to take the log of a negative number. -enthalpy (H) is less than or equal to zero.

This happens right when the simulation starts so only the initial conditions should be taken into consideration as no information has been passed between components yet.

The air temperatures (dry and wet bulb) are higher than the water temperature and as this is a cooling coil, that would make sense.

If someone please shed some light on this error I would appreciate it.

Thanks,

Fred

Fred Betz  PhD., LEED AP
Sustainable Systems Analyst

AEI | AFFILIATED ENGINEERS, INC.
5802 Research Park Blvd. | Madison, WI  53719

P: 608.236.1175 | F: 608.238.2614
fbetz at aeieng.com<mailto:fbetz at aeieng.com>  |  www.aeieng.com<http://www.aeieng.com/>