[TRNSYS-users] User supplied type works only where it was compiled

Christian Glück christian.glueck at kit.edu
Wed Mar 24 02:32:57 PDT 2010

SORRY, the subject of my first message was off focus. As described in
the message text, it is not a matter of windows versions.

Dear TRNSYS users,

I am having a strange problem: A user-supplied type (developed in WinXP,
in Visual Studio 2005, compiled with IVF Pro 11.1) runs on the machine
that it was developed on, but not on other computers with Windows XP or
7 and TRNSYS 16.
I have got other self-written types from project partners that work on
these other computers.

I can not say if it depends on MS Visual Studio or IVF or on any other
component.

The situation is: I have developed my own types and work with them
successfully since months on the computer that they have been compiled
on. If I copy the required files to a different computer, TRNSYS throws
error 105: A type was called .... - as if it does not find the dll in
UserLib/ReleaseDlls.

If I put one of the user supplied types from our project partners and
one of my own in one project and hit F8, TRNSYS finds the one from our
project partners, but not mine (i.e. error 105 only for mine). If I
remove my own type from the project, so that there remains only one
user-supplied type, it runs just fine.

I dont know what I am doing wrong. Does anyone have an idea?

Best regards,
Christian

Karlsruher Institut für Technologie
SRG Energie- und Gebäudetechnologie