[TRNSYS-users] Large listing file size

Thibaut VITTE thibaut.vitte at h3c-energies.fr
Tue Mar 23 03:56:37 PDT 2010

Dear Tshewang,

Your problem is either due to the trace function that you've enabled on
one or several components. It writes inputs and outputs for every
timesteps AND iterations, and it can make a very large file if you have
a small timestep/long period of simulation/bad convergence that makes a
lot of iterations.
Or it can be to the fact that you've reached the "before trace" limit
for the number of iterations. TRNSYS automatically trace the components
that do not converge. Simply increase the limit in the control cards.

By the way, I saw a message ( a month or more ago) regarding trnopt not
functionning after the first iteration. I had the same problem a few
years ago, and until now I could'nt figure out how I did to solve it.
And seeing this message reminds me the problem. It is certainly due to
the list file that is too big, and that cannot be handled by trnopt. (At
least that was my problem). I hope the person reads the message, I do
not want to look for the message in the old ones...

Cheers.