[TRNSYS-users] weird behavior of type 109, azimuth tracking mode, and slope=0

Cramer Silkworth silkworth at transsolar.com
Wed Mar 17 13:10:45 PDT 2010

One for the "You wouldn't/shouldn't normally do this, but..." Department:
When running type 109 for a surface of slope=0 in azimuth tracking mode,
I get a strange result. I would expect radiation values equal to the
fixed horizontal values, but rather i get values exactly equal to a 0
degree slope surface in single axis (mode 3) tracking. These are all for
south-facing surfaces (when applicable). See attached chart. Thoughts?

-Cramer
--
*Cramer Silkworth
212 219 2255 | silkworth at transsolar.com <mailto:silkworth at transsolar.com>

Transsolar Climate Engineering
Technical consulting for energy efficiency and environmental quality in
buildings.
New York - Stuttgart - Munich*