[TRNSYS-users] Low DT in Type557

Matteo DF deframat at gmail.com
Mon Mar 15 07:59:50 PDT 2010

Hi everybody,
I'm having some problems with type557. I'm monitoring the inlet &
outlet temperatures and I noticed that in winter the water entering at
about 7-8°C exits with a very little change (about 0.5°C) whereas in
summer the DT is higher. I tried to change some parameters (looking in
the type example too) but the situation doesn't change. The soil
temperature is about 10°C (more or less) so I'll expect that if the
entering flow is at 5°C the exiting one should be 3-4°C hotter.

In fact in summer if I have a flow entering at 18°C the exit flow is
at 12°C so the energy exchanged is relevant...

I'm using a 90m borehole and the flowrate is set at 1500 kg/h. Many
parameters are set to their default value.

Where should I look to try to improve this situation?

Thanks,
Matteo

--
La scoperta è vedere ciò che tutti hanno sempre visto e
pensare ciò che nessuno ha mai pensato.