[TRNSYS-users] Type 668 Heat Pump Performance Issues

Fred Betz fbetz at aeieng.com
Tue Mar 9 09:07:43 PST 2010

TRNSYS Users,

I am using a type669 heat pump in heating mode only and I have entered a performance map for the heating side.

If I am using type668 in a heating mode only way, do I need to input a corresponding cooling map?

In other words, are both a heating and a cooling map required for proper operation of a heat pump in heating only mode?

What I am seeing in my output is that the heat pump heats the load side, but does not draw any heat from the source side.

Please advise,

Fred

FRED BETZ  PhD., LEED AP
SUSTAINABLE SYSTEMS ANALYST

AEI | AFFILIATED ENGINEERS, INC.
5802 Research Park Blvd. | Madison, WI  53719

P: 608.236.1175 | F: 608.238.2614
fbetz at aeieng.com  |  www.aeieng.com