[TRNSYS-users] Problem with saving TRNSYS project file

knut.erik.enerstvedt at niva.no knut.erik.enerstvedt at niva.no
Tue Mar 9 01:19:07 PST 2010

Hello all,

When I try to save my project, I get the error "Simulation Studio has
encountered a problem and needs to close.  We are sorry for the
inconvenience.", and then the program closes without saving. Searching the
TRNSYS-users list, I found two solutions to the problem: 1) Re-import the
last generated deck file, and 2) Copy everything in the corrupted project
and paste it into a new project. None of these soutions works in my case:
1) results in an empty project file and when I try to copy in 2), I get
the same error as when trying to save.

I have TRNSYS version 16.01.0003.

Fortunately, I made a backup not so long ago, but I would like to know if
there are other known solutions to the problem and how I can avoid this
from happening again.

Kind regards,
Knut Erik Enerstvedt