[TRNSYS-users] GenOpt Java heap space error

Benoît Andlauer benoit.andlauer at ensmp.fr
Wed Mar 3 23:49:05 PST 2010

Dear all,

I successfully simulate a micro-CHP system coupled with thermal storage
(Type 534) in TRNSYS.

TRNOpt works perfectly well on a number of other simulations.

However, when I couple TRNOpt with this simulation, GenOpt only runs the
Initialization simulation, and then "waits" for about one to two hours and
stops, prompting the following error message:

Initialize.
> java.lang.OutOfMemoryError:
> Java heap space
>
> GenOpt terminated with error.
> See logfile for further information.

The logfile doesn't provide any further information.

I noticed that removing the heat storage tank solves the problem, as well as
reducing the number of tank nodes (parameter 2) to 2. But those actions
reduce drastically the precision of the simulation.

Has anyone already met this problem with the optimisation process?
Any idea where it may come from?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Benoît
---
Benoît Andlauer
Research Engineer - Ph.D Student
Génie Climatique et Energétique
Institut National des Sciences Appliquées de Strasbourg
24 Bd de la Victoire - F-67084 Strasbourg Cedex
Tel: +33 3 88 14 49 67
Fax: +33 3 88 14 47 99
benoit.andlauer at ensmp.fr