[TRNSYS-users] Question about components available for GEO-HP-TABS simulation

LIU Meng mengliu2004 at hotmail.com
Mon Jul 19 02:31:02 PDT 2010

Dear all,

I am trying to model a GEO-HP-TABS (Geothermal Heat Pumps & Thermally Activated Building Systems)system in Trnsys, in which ground source heat pump will be used to provide heating or cooling water, concrete core conditioning system will be used for the thermal conditioning of buildings. So,three important subroutine groups will be involved in future simulation work including Concrete Core Conditioning,Heat Pumps and Ground Heat Exchanger & Strorage.By now, I am aware of some components available in Trnsys library and I will list them as below.

Concrete Core Conditioning

Type653-Simple 1-Node Model (heating system)

Type705-Radiant slab with embedded pipes (Interface with type56)

Type706-Radiant slab with embedded pipes (Interface with zone air temperature)

Type712-Radiant slab with embedded pipes and no ground storage effects (Interface with type56)

Type713-Radiant slab with embedded pipes and no ground storage effects (Interface with zone air temperature)

TYPE360-Floor heating and hypocaust

Trnsys:Wall-A WALL WITH AN ACTIVE LAYER

Heat Pumps

Type668-Water-to-water heat pump

Type504-Water-Source heat pump

Type505-Water-Source heat pump

Ground Heat Exchanger & Strorage

Type31b-Buried horizontal pipes:Simple

Type556-Buried horizontal pipes:Detailed

Type557-Vertical Tube-in-tubes

I think there are some other components available fitting to the three groups listed above.I really appreciate your supplement to what I have listed. For example, I want to simulate the rejecting energy of heat pump to be stored in aquifer and to be extracted in winter, an aquifer storage component is needed. So, could you tell me how I can find such a component?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Meng Liu

Building Physics & Systems