[TRNSYS-users] Shading Mask

Julie Lestrade lestrade.julie at cedre-sophia.com
Mon Jul 5 02:25:12 PDT 2010

Dear Trnsys-users,

I'm currently investigating the shading masks object. My building is located in a valley so I would like to take into account the moutain around it.

If I understood well the trnsys type 68 Shading Mask, I have to consider the mask for an opening. Does that mean I have to use a mask for each wall (including the roof). So I would type the azimuth and the relative obstruction angle in the external file of type 68 and then link this mask to each wall of my building and it will calculate the actual radiation (direct and beam) received by each wall ??

Thank you for your answer

Julie LESTRADE
Building Efficiency Design Engineer

CEDRE