[TRNSYS-users] Type 107 Absorption Chiller in Solar Cooling Model

#GOH KIM LAI DENNIS# Z060113 at ntu.edu.sg
Mon Jan 25 00:08:59 PST 2010

Dear TRNSYS users,

I'm wanting to simulate a Type 107 absorption chiller.
I am wondering if the example external datafile provided in C:\Program Files\Trnsys16_1\Examples\Data Files\Type107-HotWaterFiredAbsorptionChiller.dat can support the parameters I used.

Parameters used:
Rated Capacity: 90000kJ/hr or 25kW
Rated COP: 0.7
m chilled water: 100kg/hr
Tchw,in: 12.22C
Tchw,out: 6.667C
ffullcapacity: 1.0
Thw,in: 84.0C

>From the Mathematical Reference, I calculated the following values:
Qremove = 2326.707kJ/hr
fdesign load = 0.025
fnominalcapacity = 0.7898
Capacity = 69444kJ/hr or 19.3kW
fdesignenergyinput = 0.03108
Qhotwater = 3996kJ/hr
Thw,out = 83.04C

Is the example datafile suitable for my model Type 107?
Does anyone have a datafile that simulates absorption chillers in the range of 20-30kW?
Or how can I edit a datafile to suit an absorption chiller of 30kW?

Thanks in advance!

Dennis Goh