[TRNSYS-users] Modeling PCMs in a storage tank with Solar thermal

Fred Betz fbetz at aeieng.com
Fri Feb 26 14:41:37 PST 2010

Has anyone used a storage tank to model phase change materials in a storage application? Is there another component to do this?

I know you can change the specific heat of the contents of the storage tank, but how do you add the heat of fusion? I would rather not attempt to create some made up specific heat to account for that as the temperature profile would be wrong.

Please advise,

Fred

FRED BETZ  PhD., LEED AP
SUSTAINABLE SYSTEMS ANALYST

AEI | AFFILIATED ENGINEERS, INC.
5802 Research Park Blvd. | Madison, WI  53719

P: 608.236.1175 | F: 608.238.2614
fbetz at aeieng.com  |  www.aeieng.com