[TRNSYS-users] Molten salt thermal storage

Carlos Flores cflores at ing.uchile.cl
Tue Feb 23 02:31:39 PST 2010

Dear All,

Last year we performed a TRNSYS modelling of a parabolic trough solar power
plant for a research project.  Now, a second part of this project is to be
performed, trying a variety of alternatives, and including molten salt
thermal storage for the solar power plant.

I was wondering if anyone have used some TRNSYS component to model the
molten salt storage or if there is actually a customised type that I can use
for this purpose.  Has anyone used maybe a component of the TRNSYS Thermal
Storage Library?

If anyone has any suggestion or guidelines I would be highly appretiated.
Thanks in advance, guys!

*Carlos Flores*
Project Officer
BSc, MSc (Mech Eng)

*Department of Environment, Climate Change and Water**
T:* (02) 9995 5495
*F:* (02) 9995 5915
*W:* www.nabers.com.au