[TRNSYS-users] Simplified heating and cooling based on operativetemperature

Sabine Jansen - BK S.C.Jansen at tudelft.nl
Thu Feb 18 05:50:47 PST 2010

Dear all,

I am also interensted in that question.

The only way I know now how to solve this is by using a type (controller, type 2 or thermostat, type 8) outside type 56. The the operative zone temperature must be connected to this type (e.g. 2b and creating a schedule elsewhere, in an equation solver), and the heating must be defined as a limited power connected to an input, which is then the output of the control type (type 2 or type 8).

One problem with this approach is that I cannot use a very large heating power anymore, since that causes the controller to switch on and off. Thus the heating power must be determined using the ideal heating, based on air temperature, first.

If there is an easier way, I am also very happy.

Kind regards,

Sabine Jansen