[TRNSYS-users] Type 534 Heat Exchanger dimensioning

Matteo DF deframat at gmail.com
Wed Feb 17 00:48:51 PST 2010

Hi everybody,

I'm making a model which simulates a ground source solar assisted heat pump.
I need to place a small tank, about 50-100 litres, before the heat pump.
This tank should be connected with the ground and to the solar collectors.
So I need to have 2 immersed heat exchangers.

I've modeled the tank using the plugin but the model behaves in a strange
way. The heat coming from the solar collector is ok, the tank is heated
well. Anyway the exchanger for the water coming from the ground seems to be
not working. In fact if I connect only this source to the tank its average
temperature raises to about 18°C but the lower temperature is at about 11°C,
which is the correct value, because the water coming from the ground is at
that temperature.

So I think there's a lot of stratification! Anyway I tried making some
modification to the heat exchangers but they had no effect.

Can somebody help me to dimension these exchangers? They didn't have to have
specific values, they just have to work in the best way...

If necessary I can attach a reducted model with the tank and the borehole
only... Of course I have to attach the .dat file too...

Thanks in advance,
Matteo.

--
La scoperta è vedere ciò che tutti hanno sempre visto e
pensare ciò che nessuno ha mai pensato.