[TRNSYS-users] active layer convergende criteria

rgaray at labein.es rgaray at labein.es
Fri Feb 5 01:04:26 PST 2010

Dear Mr Kersken,

Thank you for your help.
I had already discovered that lowering the timestep helped my simulation
convergence and with a 0.01h timestep the simulation converges.
My main problem was that the input temperature was very sensitive to the
output temperature on the capilary tubes.

type 93 is a very usefull help I didn´t know about, and it will be very
practical for this case.

Thank you.

Roberto Garay Martinez
Labein-Tecnalia
Unidad de Construcción y Desarrollo del Territorio
c/Geldo. Parque Tecnológico de Bizkaia
Edificio 700
48160 Derio (Bizkaia)
Tel.: 34 94 607 33 00
Fax: 34 94 607 33 49
www.labein.es
Visite nuestro blog:
http://www.energiaenedificacion.com
Bilbao, 17-19 de Mayo, 2010
Open and Sustainable Building
Edificación Adaptable y Sostenible
www.OpenBuilding-2010.org

"Kersken, Matthias" <Matthias.Kersken at ibp.fraunhofer.de>
05/02/2010 09:31

Para
<rgaray at labein.es>, "LISTA DE CORREO USUARIOS TRNSYS "
<trnsys-users at cae.wisc.edu>
cc

Asunto
AW: [TRNSYS-users] active layer convergende criteria

Hello Mr. Martinez!

What is Your input for Your variable inlet-temperature?

If it is e.g. a temperature from the room containing the active layer You
may try to route this value over a Type93 - "Input Value Recall"
(Utility).
This may prevent Your system from oscillating and every real controller as
a time-delay.
It You do so, I recommend using a timestep of 1 minute (You may test it
with lager timestep).

Do You use a controller?
If yes; what kind?

With regards,
    Matthias Kersken

---

Dipl.-Ing. Matthias Kersken
Wissenschaftlicher Mitarbeiter / Abteilung Energiesysteme
Fraunhofer-Institut für Bauphysik
Institutsteil Holzkirchen
Fraunhoferstraße 10
83626 Valley
eMail: Matthias.Kersken at ibp.fraunhofer.de
Telefon 08024 / 643-204
Telefax 08024 / 643-366
www.ibp.fraunhofer.de

Dipl.-Ing. Matthias Kersken
Research Associate / Department Energy Systems
Fraunhofer Institute for Building Physics
Branch Holzkirchen
Fraunhoferstraße 10
D-83626 Valley
eMail: Matthias.Kersken at ibp.fraunhofer.de