[TRNSYS-users] Requested clarification in the use of Type 125 for generating *.eso files

Horocholyn, Rick rhoro at hydro.mb.ca
Fri Aug 20 13:43:32 PDT 2010

Hi,

I'm finding that the TRNSYS3D manual is unclear about how to link a Type
56 Building to the Type 125 Printer.  I'm trying to configure the
printer according to the second approach, using ZONE names, but when I
attempt to link Output-1 from the Building (TAIR_ZONE1) to the Printer's
Input-1 field, I get this message:

"Warning ! You have connected two variables with same dimension but
different units ! Are you sure ?"

No, I'm not sure, but that's what I understood to do, according to the
Tutorial (p. 17).  I can understand why there would be a problem in
linking, as Building's Outputs are numeric (temperature in C), but the
Tutorial tells me to create the Printer's Inputs as type STRING (i.e.
the zone names).

It would be helpful to see the Tutorial updated to show an image of how
Type 125 is to be setup, and an image of the associated links...

Rick Horocholyn
Manitoba Hydro