[TRNSYS-users] Long wave radiation in the energy balance (Type 56)

hotline hotline at transsolar.com
Thu Apr 29 03:07:23 PDT 2010

Dear Charles Luanay,

thanks for pointing this out!

I check the coding of this section, and the manual has a sign error and
the drawing is wrong too:

Instead of

q_comb,s,o = q_c,s,o + q_r,s,o

it should be

q_comb,s,o = q_c,s,o - q_r,s,o

q_r,s,o is defined as a loss :

q_r,s,o = sigma * epsilon_s,o * (T_s,o^4 – T_fsky^4)

Cheers,

Marion

P.S.: What version of TRNSYS are you using? The section numbering of the
Type 56 user’s manual looks somwhat strange to me.

  _____