[TRNSYS-users] Fwd: Error using more than one type

David Bradley bradley at tess-inc.com
Wed Apr 28 12:30:42 PDT 2010

Marcos,
  The easiest way to solve the problem is to reread the parameters and
set their values to your local variables at every iteration. That
solution wastes computation time so a better solution is that you check
IUNIT against the value of INFO(1). If those two values are different
then you know you need to reread the parameter list. If they are the
same, you don't. Take a look at Type6.for. There is a section that takes
care of this problem:

IF(INFO(1).NE.IUNIT) THEN
   !reset the unit number
   IUNIT  = INFO(1)
   ITYPE  = INFO(2)
   !read the parameter values
   QMAX   = PAR(1)
   CP     = PAR(2)
   UA     = PAR(3)
   HTREFF = PAR(4)
ENDIF

of course the problem may be more subtle. If there are local variables
that are calculated when you read parameters, those also have to be
recalculated if the unit number changes.
Best,
  David