[TRNSYS-users] debug mode in c++

keilholz, werner werner.keilholz at cstb.fr
Fri Apr 16 08:15:54 PDT 2010

Hi Rémi,

This only means that TRNExe.exe itself has not been built with debug info. That is perfectly normal, do not worry about it (you can click the "Don't show this again box' in the error dialog to avoid the message).

TrnExe will call TrnDll.dll, which will in turn call your DLL.

When you set a breakpoint in your C++ dll, it should still hit it, show variable values etc.

If TrnDll.dll has been built in release mode, it will look for your DLL in Userlib\ReleaseDlls, otherwise in .\DebugDlls. Just make sur your compiler produces your DLL at the right spot (under Properties/linker/Output File).

Also make sure you run the right TrnExe.exe (under Properties/Debugging/Command) if you have several installations of Trnsys (15, 16, 17, ...) and that you start a project (.dck) that really contains your type (under Properties/Debugging/Command arguments).

Werner