[TRNSYS-users] Type 70 TRNSYS-users Digest, Vol 64, Issue 22

Jeff Thornton thornton at tess-inc.com
Wed Apr 14 09:56:16 PDT 2010

<I think your problem can be solved by defining heat specific and density
of glicole-water mixture as a function of temperature in Equa type and
changing the related parameter type as string, then connect both two. If
this method can run, please let me know.>

No that's not correct.  A parameter, by definition, is a time-independent
variable.  If you change the value of a parameter or parameter string
during the simulation it will not be updated by the program.  If you wish
to use variable properties in the models you'll have to go in and change
the models to have the values come in as INPUTS and not PARAMETERS.  But
be very careful if you do this as the solution to the differential
equations and other algorithms may not be correct with variable fluid
properties.

Jeff

Jeff Thornton
President - TESS, LLC