[TRNSYS-users] Wood Chimney

Matt Duffy duffy at tess-inc.com
Tue Sep 29 09:38:24 PDT 2009

Dear Roberto,

Type56/TRNBuild gives you the option of adding user-defined gains to a
zone. I would recommend this approach by adding a new "Gain Type" to your
zone, defining the convective/radiative split of this (wood chimney) gain,
making the appropriate inputs for this gain in Type56/TRNBuild, and
perhaps implementing a wood chimney component or function in the TRNSYS
Simulation Studio. It would be very wise to do some research - perhaps
ASHRAE would have some information. There are many different
configurations of firplaces. Most would create a stack effect to lower the
pressure of the zone and increase the infiltration. Temperature and
thermal storage of the chimney material will also have influence.

Best regards,

Matt Duffy