[TRNSYS-users] Type 66 / EES-TRNSYS simulation / "OUT OF MEMORY" error

mathaeus.nierzwicki at solarenergy.ch mathaeus.nierzwicki at solarenergy.ch
Tue Sep 22 06:23:09 PDT 2009

Dear users!

Recently, I am confronted with an "Out Of Memory"-ERROR related to a simulation with TRNSYS and EES, whereby I use Type 66 to establish an communication between both programs. This ERROR occurs after 65.536 EES calls (which almost equals 2^16). The given information can only be accepted by clicking "ok", which automatically stops the simulation. Moreover, I checked system performance in order to go sure, where the memory problem stems from - among others, I checked the harddisk-, RAM- and cache-memory. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to find any severe memory problems.

My questions are:

-          Did anyone of you have a similar problem, so far?

-          Is it an EES-, a TRNSYS-, or a WINDOWS-based problem?

Thank you for your attention,

M. Nierzwicki

Mathaeus Nierzwicki
Forschung / Research