[TRNSYS-users] Working With Limited Real Data

PAUL COALES coalespr at btinternet.com
Tue Sep 22 03:38:57 PDT 2009

I am now starting to get a feel for TRNSYS and, thanks to the replies which I received to my previous postings, I now have some basic simulation which will run without error.  However, the output figures are a bit meaningless because I have very little real parametric data from which I can create a credible model.

What sources do other TRNSYS users use in order to create a criedible baselines for their models when little or no real local data is at hand?  Is there a way of cross checking results of the simulation? Specifically, I'm looking for parameter data for Heat Pump related components: Type 668,31b,501,557a,556,231.  How much can I rely on the system suplied defaults?

Kind Regards
Paul