[TRNSYS-users] problem about the differential controller (Type2)

Yin Hang yhang at purdue.edu
Wed Sep 16 12:09:46 PDT 2009

Hi Matthias,
Thanks a lot.
You method solved this problem.
Regards,
Yin

-----Original Message-----
From: Kersken, Matthias [mailto:Matthias.Kersken at ibp.fraunhofer.de]
Sent: Wednesday, September 16, 2009 2:36 AM
To: Yin Hang; Francois Badinier; trnsys-users at cae.wisc.edu
Subject: AW: [TRNSYS-users] problem about the differential controller
(Type2)

Hello Yin!

As far as I know this controller already switches when he would exceed his
deadband on the previous output-setting.
This is to prevent the controlled variable from exceeding the
upper-limit-value.
I suspect You have two options:
- Choose a bigger Daedband.
- Set in the "parameter"-card the "number of oscillation" to a non-odd value
like 4 or 6 (not 5). This should make Your controller less willing to switch
becaus if he's oscillating and is finding no solution he'll not change but
stay on the same value.

Ich hope I could help You!

With regards,
	Matthias Kersken

---

Dipl.-Ing. Matthias Kersken
Wissenschaftlicher Mitarbeiter / Abteilung Energiesysteme
Fraunhofer-Institut für Bauphysik
Institutsteil Holzkirchen
Fraunhoferstraße 10
83626 Valley
eMail: Matthias.Kersken at ibp.fraunhofer.de
Telefon 08024 / 643-204
Telefax 08024 / 643-366
www.ibp.fraunhofer.de
Dipl.-Ing. Matthias Kersken
Research Associate / Department Energy Systems
Fraunhofer Institute for Building Physics
Branch Holzkirchen
Fraunhoferstraße 10
D-83626 Valley
eMail: Matthias.Kersken at ibp.fraunhofer.de