[TRNSYS-users] Ground Source Heat Pump (GSHP) COP Model

Jeff Thornton thornton at tess-inc.com
Wed Sep 9 10:37:57 PDT 2009

<As part of an MSc thesis on Ground Source Heat Pump (GSHP) operational
criteria, I am creating a simulation of a building which uses a GSHP.  To
do this, I have to create my own model of GSHP.  The intention with this
is to create a black box function which will take ground loop circuit flow
temperatures and flow rate and map them to heat circuit flow temperatures
and flow rates using an internal COP profile function.
Has anybody created a GSHP model similar to this and is prepared to let me
have a copy of the source?>

There is an entire library dedicated to GSHP systems in TRNSYS; featuring
heat pumps, ground heat exchangers, buried pipes etc.  No need to
re-invent the wheel.  Check out TRNSYS.com and follow the tab for TESS
Component Libraries.

Jeff

Jeff Thornton
President - TESS, LLC