[TRNSYS-users] problem of fichier air in the Calling Contam Exemple

Yujun TAO aleck1314 at yahoo.fr
Fri Sep 4 07:52:15 PDT 2009

Hello,
I found an ambiguous explanation by Contam for the fichier air in the Calling Contam Exemple.

Here is the meaning about Output in Contam :
One line for each output variable consisting of
  I  NR      - output number (index to XOUT).
  I  NZ      - number of zone the air flows from.
  I  MZ      - number of zone the air flows to.

Here is the Exemple about Output in the fichier air in the Calling Contam Exemple :
-999 inputs & outputs:
6 6
1 1 2
2 1 3
3 2 1
4 2 3
5 3 1
6 3 2
-999 end-of-data
       ********** AVAILABLE OUTPUTS **********

         1     Flow from zone Foyer/GroundFloor to zone MainZone/GroundFloor
         2     Flow from zone Ambient to zone MainZone/GroundFloor
         3     Flow from zone MainZone/GroundFloor to zone Foyer/GroundFloor
         4     Flow from zone Ambient to zone Foyer/GroundFloor
         5     Flow from zone MainZone/GroundFloor to zone Ambient
         6     Flow from zone Foyer/GroundFloor to zone Ambient

If we look at Output 1 and 2, the number of zone the air flows from is the same "1", but in the description "available outputs", the name is different, Output 1 = flow from foyer to mainzone well Output 2 = flow from ambient to mainzone.

So, where is the problem? just the description or the model Contam?

Aleck
Engineer