[TRNSYS-users] mass balance error

Stefania Agosta stefania.agosta at gmail.com
Thu Oct 29 09:43:33 PDT 2009

Hi,

I'm using trnsys to model a part of an HVAC system. You can see in the
attached file the configuration of the circuit (ACS-project). The
purpose is to have the temperature in the "Bollitore-B1" equal to 50°C.

I have flow rates coming from the "Puffer" and from the "Boiler" and
going to the HX of the "Bollitore" passing through the "Pump - P10"
but it seems like  the mass balance of this circuit is not respected
(the total mass out of the pump is not equal to the sum of the two
mass flows entering the mixing valve)

AND

I would like to make the mixing valve working as a switching valve
(either the flow rate from the Puffer or from the Boiler should be
allowed) : how can I reach this goal?

I hope you can help me.

Best regards

Stefania Agosta