[TRNSYS-users] Two way valve

Jeff Thornton thornton at tess-inc.com
Thu Oct 22 09:43:30 PDT 2009

<I'm modelling a Solar Assisted Cooling System using Evacuated Tube
Collectors. In the Solar Circle I have an Emergency Heat Dump. So, what
this valve has to do is to change the direction of the fluid in case of to
high temperatures. The whole fluid has to flow trough the Emergency Heat
Dump instead of going the "normal" way. I think you can also call this
valve "Switching Valve">

Type 11 in flow diverter mode will do exactly as you need
(Hydronics-->Flow Diverter-->Other Fluids).  Use a controller to watch the
temperatures and then use the controller output to set the diverting
signal.

Jeff

Jeff Thornton
President - TESS, LLC