[TRNSYS-users] Multiple diverter/mixer type?

Jones Marcus Marcus.Jones at ait.ac.at
Wed Oct 21 08:03:03 PDT 2009

Thanks for pointing me towards the TESS mixer/splitter, that makes life a little easier!

A more philosophical question to the community - what are the best strategies for modeling a complex flow network within the limitation that TRNSYS imposes - that of not being able to model pressure-driven flow? I have a network where 6 pumps feed 6 loads, combining chilled water from three tanks. My take on the problem is to set each splitter fraction to the fraction that balances the system, using equations based on functions of the varying pump flow rates. This is very unintuitive and consequently error prone. And looking at the image file attached, my model doesn't need any more complexity.

I don't think using the "flow rate as input" pumps work well in this case since there is no central place where all flows are combined. Just wondering if anyone has any other strategies?

Any plans to model pressure driven flow in the future?

-Marcus

MARCUS JONES, MSc

Energy Department

Sustainable Building Technologies

Bitte beachten Sie unsere neuen Kontaktdaten!

Please note our new contact details!

AIT Austrian Institute of Technology

Österreichisches Forschungs- und Prüfzentrum Arsenal Ges.m.b.H.

Giefinggasse 2 | 1210 Vienna | Austria

T +43(0) 50 550-6387 | M +43(0) 664 210 24 15 | F +43(0) 50550-6598

marcus.jones at ait.ac.at | http://www.ait.ac.at