[TRNSYS-users] Thermodynamic property calculation, refrigerants R410a, R407c, R404a and R134a

mathaeus.nierzwicki at solarenergy.ch mathaeus.nierzwicki at solarenergy.ch
Fri Oct 16 06:18:37 PDT 2009

Dear Mr. Duffy,

first of all, thank you for your answer. Indeed, I found information about thermodynamic property calculation of R-11, R-12, R-13, R-14, R-22, R-114A, R-134A, R-500, R-502 and ammonia(R-717) in Type58. Furthermore, I used EES Professional in combination with TRNSYS until I found out that the maximum number of calls between EES and TRNSYS is around 2^16, which might be a WINDOWS, a TRNSYS or an EES problem. Additionally, the communication between EES and WINDOWS is incredibly slow. Due to these reasons I decided to write a new Type for TRNSYS and now, I solved most of the problems (including appropriate psychrometrics calculation). One of the few problems left is the thermodynamic property calculation of the refrigerants R410a, R407c, R404a and R134a.

I am working on this refrigerant problem for days (reading related papers, calling relevant companies, trying out some calculations etc.) and unfortunately, I am not able to find an equation (-fit) which calculates the properties (e.g. enthalpy(T,P) or enthalpy(T,x)) at least almost as good as EES does it.

If you might help me anyway, I would appreciate it very much.

Thank you once again.

Sincerely yours,

Mathaeus Nierzwicki

Mathaeus Nierzwicki
Forschung / Research
Institut für Solartechnik SPF: Adresse / Website
Hochschule für Technik Rapperswil HSR
Tel. +41 55 222 48 30
Fax +41 55 222 48 44