[TRNSYS-users] Macro implementation

Kent Beason kbeason at schlitterbahn.com
Tue Oct 13 13:47:22 PDT 2009

Hi users,

I have used six Type5 heat exchangers with some diverter and mixing
valves in order to model an iFly (formerly Skyventure) attraction.  They
represent cooling fins that direct airflow around 90degree angles in its
flow path.  Fairly straightforward, and it appears to function as
intended, stand-alone.  I am working to implement this into an
indoor/outdoor pool within a pool's "heating circuit", which is coupled
with a Type56.  However, when I connect it into the "heating circuit", I
suddenly get some Type56 errors regarding condensation on surfaces and
lots of convergence messages in the simulation.  These errors are not
encountered in the indoor/outdoor pool simulation when the iFly macro is
excluded. There are no direct connections between the macro and Type56.

Air in the iFly flight chamber is the hot side, and pre-boiler water in
the pool's "heating circuit" is the cold side for the heat exchangers.
I've tried adjusting timesteps with no improvement.  What might be
causing these errors?

Kent Beason

Schlitterbahn Development Group

830-609-8904 m