[TRNSYS-users] Theoretical flat-plate collector

Matt Duffy duffy at tess-inc.com
Fri Oct 9 09:01:41 PDT 2009

Dear TRNSYS Li Mei and Stefania Agosta,

Try setting the constant input values: your inlet temperature of your
Typ73 collector equal to the ambient temperature. Assuming that you are
familiar with the efficiency curve (eqn 5.10.5-1), efficiciency vs.
(Tin-Tamb)/It, you may determine the efficiency intercept by setting the
ambient temperature equal the inlet temperature - essentially dropping the
loss cofficient, U_L. Set your inlet temperature (Tin) equal to your
ambient temperature (Tamb as constant input values in the Type73 proforma,
and you should see some high efficiencies.

Best regards,

Matt