[TRNSYS-users] Type56a: Automatic Heat Transfer Calculation Error

PAUL COALES coalespr at btinternet.com
Sat Nov 21 07:47:31 PST 2009

Hi All

I have an error reported on a simulation run and need some suggestions as to what could be going wrong.

Fatal error at time 0.00
Generated by unit 3
Generated by Type56a

Message Error in automatic heat transfer calcualtation for surface 7 or it's adjacent surface.  Automatic heat transfer calculation is only allowed on surface within a zone.  Please check input file .bui

This is different to the example posted erlier in the year.  I am modeling underfloor heating here.

I tried deleting the surface 7 but this does not change the report.  I still refers to surface 7.

Any clues?  I can forward the .bui file if interested.

Kind Regards
Paul