[TRNSYS-users] Active Layers: Screed underfloor heating

PAUL COALES coalespr at btinternet.com
Thu Nov 12 02:16:28 PST 2009

I am creating a new "Wall Type" for an underfloor heating system.  The real system consists of 20mm pipes embedded in 75mm of sand/cement screed.

How do I represent this as massive and active layers?  My understanding from the Type56 documentation is that I start with a massive layer for the screed.  This should have a depth of the real screed (75mm) minus the radius of the radient pipes ( 20mm/2 = 10mm) This would give me a 65mm screed layer.  I would then define the active layer which defines the pipe work.  Is this correct?

Thanks
Paul