[TRNSYS-users] help - best configuration

lucas.lira at scottish-southern.co.uk lucas.lira at scottish-southern.co.uk
Mon Nov 2 01:26:11 PST 2009

Dear All,

I tried to find this information on line without success.
I'm using TRNSYS in a project research and the department is planning to
buy me a new computer, a laptop. I've had problems with some components
features in Windows Vista (my personal laptop) but none in the XP that I
am currently using. Is there any testing with the new windows 7 and any
problem recorded? One of the problems was, for example, when working with
the storage tank type 534 from TESS library, whenever I try to open the
wizard to configure the characteristics of the tank, instead of opening a
window with areas for inputs, it opens a plain window, with nothing in it.
I couldn't use genopt for the same reason

Another question is regarding videocard. I know that some cards cause the
graphics generated during the simulation to reload all the lines every
time that I change tabs, look to another window, etc. In a simulation
where one is tracking several outputs at the same time it does costs a lot
of time. I would like to avoid this with the new computer. What kind of
video card should I look for?

Thanks you

Lucas Lira

The information in this e-mail is confidential and may be legally privileged. It may not represent the views of Scottish and Southern Energy Group. It is intended solely for the addressees. Access to this e-mail by anyone else is unauthorised. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on it, is prohibited and may be unlawful. Any unauthorised recipient should advise the sender immediately of the error in transmission. Unless specifically stated otherwise, this email (or any attachments to it) is not an offer capable of acceptance or acceptance of an offer and it does not form part of a binding contractual agreement. Scottish Hydro Electric, Southern Electric, SWALEC, Atlantic Electric and Gas, S+S and SSE Power Distribution are trading names of the Scottish and Southern Energy Group.
Scottish and Southern Energy plc, Inveralmond House, 200 Dunkeld Road, Perth, Perthshire, PH1 3AQ. Registered in Scotland Number. 117119