[TRNSYS-users] Simulating a cooling coil with sensible load only

a8304506 at graduate.hku.hk a8304506 at graduate.hku.hk
Mon May 11 19:58:54 PDT 2009

Hello, Trnsys users.

I am designing a hybrid solar-cooling system and I want to select a cooling
coil
to handle the sensible load only (see attached file).  I use the Type52b for
the cooling coil.  However, I find that I can't achieve a sensible-cooling-only
condition, even though the outlet air temperature is substantially higher than
the inlet air dewpoint.  The resulting coil capacity becomes much higher than
what I expect.  Does the model for Type52b prohibit a sensible-cooling-only
case?  If so, is there any other compoent types for the cooling coil which can
fulfil my requirement?  Your reply is highly appreciated.  Thank you!

Best Regards
LEE, Chun Kwong
Divsion of Building Science and Technology
City University of Hong Kong