[TRNSYS-users] mass flow rate balance

L.Mei at lboro.ac.uk L.Mei at lboro.ac.uk
Fri May 29 09:12:15 PDT 2009

Dear Trnsys users:

I am modelling a system with a solar water collector(type73) and a water storage (type60f-2). But when I inserted a water pump (single speed) between the outlet of the storage and the inlet of the solar collector and ran the simulation with the pump 'off', the program always stopped with a fatal error at time of beginning: A negative flow rate was encountered.

I am wandering if I used the wrong types or other types can be added to avoided this problem.

Many thanks!

Li Mei
CREST
Loughborough University